CAMBRIDGE RACEWAY TERMS & CONDITIONS
- This document contains the complete Terms and Conditions of use that apply to you in joining, hiring and all other activities you will make with Cambridge Raceway.
- These Terms and Conditions reflect the latest agreement from Cambridge Raceway, and you should carefully review the document before you join or hire from us.
- Cambridge Raceway will 'hold' a tentative booking for three working days and reserves the right to release the booking after this date.
- Confirmation of a booking must be made by signing of the Terms and Conditions and payment of a non-refundable deposit, 25% of the package price. Deposit is required within seven days of invoicing
- All payment terms are strictly seven days from invoice date.
- We will invoice the final outstanding amount within five working days of your function.
- If credit is approved, all outstanding charges will be invoiced upon completion of the function.
- Accepted payment methods include direct credit transfer, credit card or cash (see our invoice for bank and deposit details)
- Any amount overpaid (e.g. bar tab in advance) will be processed and a direct credit will be made within seven working days following the function.
- All quoted prices exclude GST unless otherwise stated.
- Cambridge Raceway reserves the right to charge interest on overdue accounts at 2% per month.
Cancellation of a function
All cancellations must be received by Cambridge Raceway via email to Vicky@cambridgeraceway.co.nz. Failure to do so will result in the below fees.
Please note, if Montana Catering has been booked, they will have their own cancellation fees and does not sit under the Cambridge Raceway cancellation policy. Please contact Montana Catering directly.
For all functions/hire equipment, the following cancellation criteria applies:
- Cancellation less than ten working days from your function will forfeit the non-refundable deposit.
- Cancellations less than three working days of the function will be charged 50% of the full booking fee/package price.
If a function is postponed, deposits paid will be transferred to the new booking at the discretion of the Cambridge Raceway Event Manager and venue availability.
Please report any damage to the Raceway team immediately. You will be liable for any damages that occur while a room/equipment is in your care, Cambridge Raceway have the right to invoice you for the repairs/cleaning.
The use of nails, staples, and adhesive tapes etc. that may cause damage to our venue is strictly prohibited. If you are unsure, please ask our Raceway team first.
Damages that may be invoiced are as follows:
- Damage resulted from overloading, exceeding rated capacity, misuse, abuse or improper servicing of equipment, room, and facilities
- Failure to return any hire equipment that was collected/delivered
- Failure to return hired equipment by the return date unless an extension has been granted by Cambridge Raceway
- Damage to, or loss of, the equipment from any unknown cause
- Damage or breakage of any hire item/room
- Any non-removeable stains on items will be charged for 25% of the replacement cost of the damaged item
The hired space must be left in the state found/hired. General cleaning is included in the cost of the room hire. If any heavy cleaning is required after your function, you will be invoiced for the additional cleaning costs. This fee will be at the discretion of Cambridge Raceway.
Depending on the function type and/or number of guest for your function and/or package the taken, Cambridge Raceway have the right to employ security and if so, this will be charged to the person hiring the space.
We offer a cash bar and/or bar tab option. Depending on the function package taken, your hire fee may include a duty manager/bar staff. Depending on the size of your function, additional bar staff may be required (at the client’s cost). There is no BYO option available.
Bar Licensing Laws
Under Cambridge Raceway's bar licensing laws, if Cambridge Raceway has reason to believe the function will affect the smooth running of its operating activities, its security or reputation, or the security of individuals, we reserve the right to cancel and/or shut down the function. This could either be before commencement of the function or at any time during the function, without liability or recourse.
Cambridge Raceway reserves the right at any time during a function to refuse to serve alcohol to any individual deemed to be intoxicated. We also have the right to exclude from the function any person, considered in our opinion to be acting unsuitably or inappropriately. If necessary, this person will be removed from the premises, without liability or recourse.
Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
By paying a non-refundable deposit you are agreeing to the Cambridge Raceway Terms and Conditions. Amendments to this agreement can be made by us without prior notice.