All aboard the TFS Horse Transporter to Cambridge this summer!
We've Cooked up a subsidy to facilitate local trainers getting southern horses sent north to race at Cambridge Raceway this summer.
Horses that cross the Cook straight to race at Cambridge throughout November to February are eligible to apply to have their TFS Horse Transport paid for by Waikato-BOP Harness Racing!
They'll also benefit from running in smaller fields and for lucrative bonuses, it's a win-win!
Summer race dates: November 25, December 2, December 16, December 24, December 29, January 7, January 13, January 20, January 27 & February 11.
How does it work?
Waikato-based trainers who would like to host southern raiders contact the connections of eligible horses and apply using the form at the bottom of this page.
There is a limit of two horses per trainer and trainers must make their own arrangements with the horses' owners and South Island-based trainers with regards to training fees and stakes payouts.
Why send horses to race at Cambridge?
- Full cost of return float travel with TFS Horse Transport paid for by Waikato-Bay of Plenty Harness (Return transport must be used by May 31 2022)
- Race in smaller fields
- $1,000 first win bonus added to winning stake for horses accepted for this subsidy only
- $1,500 second win bonus added to winning stake (CRL second win incentive scheme)
- Compete for $10,000 worth of prizes in the Dunstan Cambridge Horse of the Year competition
- Free Cambridge Raceway track, trial & workouts fees for November, December & January
Which horses are eligible?
- Trotters and pacers rated between 40-55
- Must be currently racing or at race fitness by November 25 2021
- Must have been based in the South Island for 12 months prior
- To be eligible for the paid return trip horses must have a minimum of 3 starts at Cambridge Raceway over the November – February period, unless an injury prevents the horse from having three starts.
The full and final decision on which horses are accepted to receive the subsidy will be made by Waikato Bay of Plenty Harness Incorporated.
Please complete and submit the following form to be considered for the Trans-Cook travel subsidy.
Terms & Conditions: Host trainers must be based in the Waikato region. Limit of two horses per host trainer. Host trainers must be fully licensed trainers with HRNZ. Trotters and pacers currently rated between 40-55 who have been racing or at race fitness by November 25 2021 and have been based in the South Island for the 12 months prior to application are eligible. Track, trial and workout fees for horses accepted to receive the subsidy will be free throughout November, December & January. The full and final decision on which horses are accepted to receive the subsidy will be made by Waikato Bay of Plenty Harness Incorporated. Return travel subsidy must be used by May 31 2022 and horses must travel with TFS Horse Transport. To be eligible for the paid return trip (Waikato to South Island) Horses must have a minimum of three starts at Cambridge Raceway over the November – February period. In the event of an injury preventing the horse from having three starts the return trip will still be covered.